Sales & Marketing Internship
Versed Tours and Travel, a leading tour company in Kenya and the region, seeks to hire an experienced candidate in the role of Tours & Travel Marketing Intern.
The Marketing Intern shall be responsible for marketing the company packages locally and internationally and drive client experience.
- Market the company’s packages to international market/clients using emails, social media and phone.
- Scout, develop and negotiate for travel packages with clients.
- Preparing holiday packages to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
- Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements.
- Ensuring that the clients enjoy every bit of the safari or other service provided by coordinating with the hotels tour guides and airlines.
- Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.
- Providing up to date advice on travel regulations including visa and medical requirements, baggage limits, safety and local customs.
- Ensuring that the clients pay in cleared funds prior to departure or checking in.
- Experience in statutory deductions and should have a good understanding of financial concepts for basic book keeping duties.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
- Diploma or degree in tours and travel or related qualifications
- MUST have experience selling tour packages
- Relevant experience in the tours & travel industry (2 years)
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and trustworthy
- Must be well groomed and possess excellent office etiquette.
- Job requires strong verbal and written communications skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates that strictly meets the criteria set above should send their applications to email@example.com on or before 30th September 2019. Please quote “TOURS & TRAVEL MARKETING INTERN” on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.